Thursday, October 25, 2012

Mountain Spaniel

No offense to all 100 or so roommates I've previously had, but Copper is my favorite.  We don't have chairs yet, or a lot of dishes, so pretty much all our meal times look like this.



Usually He wins.  

     Now that I live so close to Parmelee, it's a lot easier to go visit friends, provided I'm not at school till 9 at night.  On some of the best days of my life, I get to walk around town, share my longboard, and watch as Copper makes lots of friends, mostly under the age of 12.  Who are all amazing.  Those times often look like this.



   I'm super stoked and feel super blessed that I've gotten to have sweet conversations with a bunch of kids at school too.  I don't remember having a lot of really real talks with my teachers in school, but I've been able to have some with my students here.  I love it so much.  What helps is, a bunch of the kids at our school are legitimately super cool.  Last weekend I got to go camping with a few friends from school, and rock climbing out in the Black Hills.  That was really really fun.  This South Dakota is growing on me.  That looked like this.

  Three super great friends.  So lucky to have them.  And we climbed some gnarly spots at Falling Rock Canyon!  On this trip I realized that Copper isn't a springer spaniel.... He's a Mountain Spaniel.


Photo

Mountain Spaniel at rest.



If today was a snow day I would write more.... but its just a late start, so I got to go.  Today, if he braved the snow, an Army recruiter is talking to my classes.  Really glad I could connect that for my students.  Hoping a lot will be inspired.


Love you guys!
See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment