Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ponies, badgers, and otters

Hello All,

  Well, I don't know how to be a teacher yet, but I am getting closer.  I have been teaching every day, and I even gave my first test.  These last couple of days we have been covering the Native American struggles in the West, which has been pretty intense, partly because I am the only non-Native in the room.  Such tragic stuff (I recommend everyone read Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee).   It's been good though.  Also, I've learned teaching is really a lot of work.  Grading...  organizing...  I am looking forward to getting more efficient at these things.   But, teaching is great.  I really like it.

  Also, I really like living in the country.  Walking the dog in the fields last weekend we found our first badger.   That was pretty exciting, that critter looked like he could mess a dog up.  So, we left him alone.  I love being able to go out to the fields at night.  Its so peaceful, and the stars are amazing.  Really a good place to worship and pray.

  Also, Parmelee is a sweet place.  Last week I was going to go help out with bible school, but we ended up breaking some wild ponies instead.  That.... was really sweet.  This last week for bible school (every tuesday), we took a bunch of kids to go paint over grafitti around the dam.  And then we made a bridge over a stream and went 'hunting' for otters.  I don't get bored here.  

 
  That's about it for now.  Hoping to go camping this weekend with some guys.  Take care everyone :)




2 comments:

  1. Glen,

    I am so glad to see this! We met in Parm a few years back! I am the youth director from Horizons Community Church in Lincoln! I love to hear that you are there doing full time ministry! I will be praying for you and would love to know how we can help!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O Hey Nicole!

      Thanks so much! Prayers help the most. Great to hear from you.

      Delete