Saturday, September 22, 2012

Another post!


                So, I need to get better at blog updating.  Once a week, that’s my goal. Ah well, some is better than none.  I’ve been doing a lot of teaching the last couple weeks, and I actually feel like I’m getting the hang of it a bit more.  Things are settling in a bit for me,  which has meant I haven’t needed to spend quite so long working on stuff after school every day.  So that’s encouraging.  Another good thing with teaching, is that the school has given me sort of a consultant to help me learn how to develop lesson plans, since I really have been learning as I go.  It’s a friend of mine, Dylan, who taught out here for a few years but now is doing grad school.  He is going to be sending me ideas and materials.  Should be really helpful, and he’s a super cool guy. 

                Also since my last post, I got to lead worship at the church in Parmelee.  I haven’t lead on guitar in a few years, so it was pretty cool to be able to step back into that.  And I think it will be good for the people there, because prior to me worship was on a tape recorder.  So, I’m thankful for the opportunity to help out!  I’ll probably be doing that almost every week.  I love that place.   I got to be a part of their alcoholics recovery group last Tuesday too, which was a pretty beautiful thing.  A bunch of people who have realized they can’t do it on their own, and are trusting in someone greater than themselves to help them.  Who realize that they need each other, and that helping each other is one of the first ways to help themselves.  Pretty cool.

                As I write this, I am just getting over the flu.  I missed school yesterday for it.  Not the most fun night of my life.  But this time, I can totally see God teaching me something through it.  I was being way too busy friends.  I mean, this last week, I would be at school for ten hours, which can tire me out, and then I would drive straight to Parmelee.  I didn’t make time for things like, I dunno, eating.  Nor was I prioritizing quiet time in prayer.  So, I got the flu, and got a chance to reevaluate.  Besides the busy thing, I also realized just how much I take health, and my very comfortable life, for granted.  I mean, for me, I am a huger complainer when I’m sick.  I just felt like it was the worst thing in the world.  False.  It wasn’t that bad.  I had a nice camper to stay in, and I could go buy whatever medicine I wanted.  I didn’t have to go work in a field all day or something like that.  And I hardly ever get sick.  I was reading a book by one of my heroes, David Brainerd, who struggled most of his life with sickness.  He said the worst part was that he couldn’t spend much time in prayer, fasting, and sharing Christ when he was really sick. I want that kind of undivided heart.

                 Thanks for reading everyone!  I am super blessed out here, there is nowhere I would rather be.  Hope to hear from you guys soon J  Take care.

               
PS.  Me and Copper have been running about a seven mile route.  He’s getting in shape.  I love that pup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment